C&L Aviation Services, a C&L Aviation Group company, is seeking qualified individuals to work in our high-volume aircraft interior composite prep shop. Individuals with auto body training or shop experience are potentially an ideal fit for this position.
- Prepare aircraft parts to be painted by cleaning, disassembling, masking, repairing, sanding and reassembling
- Work with aircraft parts made of various materials including but not limited to steel, aluminum, fiberglass, plastic, honeycomb, and Kevlar
- Perform repair and rework activities on non-conforming parts in accordance with the repair work instructions and applicable standards and specifications
- Mechanical adjustment and/or replacement of parts using various fastener types including drilling, riveting, torque-controlled fasteners, and other mechanical systems
- Trimming, fitting, potting, cutting, gluing various material types including composites as necessary
- Store, handle, use, and dispose of hazardous chemicals in accordance with federal, state, and local environmental protection laws
- Maintains a clean work environment, tooling, and equipment
- Accomplish all work and maintenance with superb quality within budget and scheduled timeframe.
Experience/ Previous Training
- Use of hand tools, operating sanders, scrapers, drills, saws, table router, pneumatic tools, and other similar equipment.
- Precision drilling and installation of various blind and mechanical fasteners using various tools
- Must be able to be respirator qualified
- Requires the ability to read, write and understand English
- Work with all tools, materials, instruments, machines, and equipment necessary to perform duties
- Must be able to work any shift
- Basic computer skills for accessing drawings, spreadsheets, and documents
- Positive attitude towards productivity, safety, and quality maintenance
- Ability to follow directions, policies, and procedures
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly, move safely in uneven and confined spaces, and safely climb ladders while carrying 25 pounds
- Autobody training and work experience preferred
- Experience with DA sanders and other sanding equipment
- Basic knowledge and use of paint products preferred but not necessary
- Working in a shop environment a plus
Job Status – Full Time
Location – Bangor, ME
What working with us is like
C&L Aviation Group is not your typical aviation company. We believe strongly that healthy wages and a happy work environment contribute to a better quality of life, and as such that quality is reflected in your work. At C&L, you’re more than just a pair of hands. You’re an integral part of our team and future growth plans. As such, there is an opportunity for you to improve and advance with our company.
A Better Relationship
Good employees don’t leave jobs, they leave bad bosses. Our talented and trained leadership team cares about you, and your success at C&L. They strive to stay engaged with you to make sure you’re happy and achieving your goals and potential. They also manage by leading and working collaboratively with everyone. This atmosphere leads to happier employees, better work and a respected reputation with our customers.
A Bright Future
It sounds cheesy, but we want your future to shine so brightly that you need shades. Here at C&L, we provide an atmosphere that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our future here at C&L is bright too. In fact, our 25-year old company has grown from one guy selling aircraft parts out of his basement to now over 200 people, with a 140,000 Sq. Ft Facility offering parts sales, aircraft heavy maintenance, avionics installations, engineering, interior refurbishments, exterior paint, component repair, and aircraft sales.
It’s been a great ride so far and we plan to keep growing. We need your help to do that. Right now, we have hit a point where we are at capacity turning work away – we need more people! Together, we can continue with our growth plans.
A Bigger Vision
We feel very fortunate to be able to grow the way we have. Because of that, we want to provide opportunities for employees to participate in making a difference in the community around us. The best way for us to do that is to help the community around grow with us. That’s why we have adopted a local school, helped fund a local community garden, provide holiday meals for those in need and purchased winter coats for area children.
If you have a particular way you like to give back to others less fortunate, we would love to hear about it, and work together to integrate that into our existing charitable programs.
About the Area
You’ll find Bangor, Maine area is a great place to live and play. It’s a small community of roughly 100,000 people, and the commercial and social center of Northern and Eastern Maine. It is the region’s largest center of retail and service businesses and home to great schools and Universities, College sporting events, a vibrant nightlife, and several exceptional event and concert venues.
This is a Full-Time Position and includes the following benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability