As a result of continued company growth and additional work, C&L Aviation Services, a C&L Aviation Group company, is looking for two Electro-Mechanical Technicians. Previous aircraft experience is not required but the candidate must have strong knowledge and understanding of testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of electrical and mechanical systems and components.
- Inspect, function test, and repair electrical and electro-mechanical aircraft components at a shop level in accordance with appropriate technical data
- Read and interpret aerospace drawings, component maintenance manuals, aircraft maintenance manuals, test procedures, electrical schematics, and aerospace standards as applicable
- May perform other tasks as required by the department and communicate findings and make recommendations to the management/leadership team
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
- Prepare and complete work documentation based on company procedures and guidelines
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/mechanical components using schematics, (DC and AC circuits).
- PLC programming is preferred but not required
- Ability to operate shop tooling utilized during a component repair. Tooling includes but is not limited to Oscilloscope, DMM, signal generator, force gauges, and other various electronic test equipment
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude towards productivity, safety, and quality maintenance
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions, policies, and procedures
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly, move safely in uneven and confined spaces, and safely climb ladders while carrying 25 pounds
- High school Diploma
- Must pass FAA mandated pre-employment & random drug and alcohol testing
Job Status – Full Time
Location – Bangor, ME
What working with us is like
C&L Aviation Group is not your typical aviation company. We believe strongly that healthy wages and a happy work environment contribute to a better quality of life, and as such that quality is reflected in your work. At C&L, you’re more than just a pair of hands. You’re an integral part of our team and future growth plans. As such, there is an opportunity for you to improve and advance with our company.
A Better Relationship
Good employees don’t leave jobs, they leave bad bosses. Our talented and trained leadership team cares about you, and your success at C&L. They strive to stay engaged with you to make sure you’re happy and achieving your goals and potential. They also manage by leading and working collaboratively with everyone. This atmosphere leads to happier employees, better work and a respected reputation with our customers.
A Bright Future
It sounds cheesy, but we want your future to shine so brightly that you need shades. Here at C&L, we provide an atmosphere that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our future here at C&L is bright too. In fact, our 25-year old company has grown from one guy selling aircraft parts out of his basement to now over 200 people, with a 120,000 Sq. Ft Facility offers parts sales, aircraft heavy maintenance, avionics installations, engineering, interior refurbishments, exterior paint, component repair, and aircraft sales.
It’s been a great ride so far and we plan to keep growing. We need your help to do that. Right now, we have hit a point where we are at capacity turning work away – we need more people! Together, we can continue with our growth plans.
A Bigger Vision
We feel very fortunate to be able to grow the way we have. Because of that, we want to provide opportunities for employees to participate in making a difference in the community around us. The best way for us to do that is to help the community around us grow with us. That’s why we have adopted a local school, helped fund a local community garden, provide holiday meals for those in need, and purchased winter coats for area children.
If you have a particular way you like to give back to others less fortunate, we would love to hear about it, and work together to integrate that into our existing charitable programs.
About the Area
You’ll find Bangor, Maine area is a great place to live and play. It’s a small community of roughly 100,000 people and the commercial and social center of Northern and Eastern Maine. It is the region’s largest center of retail and service businesses and is home to great schools and Universities, College sporting events, vibrant nightlife, and several exceptional event and concert venues.
This is a Full-Time Position and includes the following benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- 401k Matching